quinta-feira, 25 de junho de 2009

5 year olds know something about economy too



The other day I arrived at home and my wife says to my 5 year old: "so, tell your father what you have done". And the boy goes "I traded a Hot Wheels car for this card". I could not believe it! It's the second time he has traded something on his own initiative and both times he was ripped off. By another 5 year old. The first time he traded a Gormitti figure for another one of these awful looking Magic cards which was an equaly bad deal. And then I was explaining him why that was bad business: the car costs € 2.50 but a card comes in a 5 card package for 1 € or something. He got a bit upset because I think the chip finally fell so he was saying he was going to trash the card and was going to get the car back and so on. We calmed him down and I didn't give it another thought. But apparently he did. So, later on in the day he explains his mum why it was a good deal after all. His reasoning was that he didn't have many of those Magic cards, cause we never bought him any, but he had loads of Hot Wheels. So it made sense to trade something of which he had many for something he had almost nothing. And that actually makes economic sense... I think.

Sem comentários:

Seguidores