quarta-feira, 2 de setembro de 2009

Note to self on GMail

I recently added some very simple filters to GMail that will help me use it as a memory enhancer in a much better way then just simply sending mails to myself. GMail's filters allow you to automatically execute a number of tasks. So what I did was to create a filter which will add a "Book" tag to any mails received with "Book:" on the subject, mark the message as read and archive it. Mails that I send to myself with mentions of books are not for immediate action. I just want to register somewhere that I found an interesting book that I may want to buy someday. So it's ok just to archive those mails with a tag. For notes to self or tasks I have a simpler filter. It just adds the corresponding tag but the mail stays in the Inbox.

Now that I'm thinking about this simple hack it starts to make sense to create an Ubiquity command to extract the relevant information from an Amazon page and send the message to myself. Have to relearn how to program Ubiquity commands since there were changes to the parser engine.

Sem comentários:

Seguidores